Voting has begun for the LUKAS 2018. The public is invited to nominate candidates here.
How Voting works:
For the majority of the awards, there are two rounds of public voting:
The primary round is open on May 1st to all those eligible (see nominating a candidate for criteria) and runs until June 13th 2018 The public can vote once only for each award during this period. This first round of voting will close on midnight June 12th 2018.
A shortlist made of the top five most voted for nominees for each award then enter a final round of voting, with their votes carried through. The second and final round lasts two weeks, in which the public can vote again.
Votes will be frozen at the end of the first round and carried through. The second round of voting will begin on June 14th 2018 and this final round of voting ends on July 1st at midnight. The winners will be announced online shortly afterwards.
The gala ceremony will take place on August 9th 2018, featuring Colombia's biggest salsa band Grupo Niche, to which all winners will be invited. The public may buy tickets here
How many times can I vote?
The public can vote only twice for the same nominee: once in the primary round and once again in the final round.
In each of the two votes, we reserve the right to accept up to six submissions per IP address (to account for households) to avoid fake or multiple accounts.
How are the winners decided?
The winners and runners up will be decided at the end of the final round, with the public vote counting for 50% and the remaining 50% by votes from a panel of experts selected for each award (exceptions listed below). The two percentages will be added up to decide the winner.
- International Artist of the Year is decided 100% by popular vote
- Lifetime Achievement Award is decided 100% by panel of judges
- Rising Star Award is decided 100% by panel of judges
If you would like help publicising your nomination, 'I am a nominee' and 'we are a nominee' banners are available here
Terms and Conditions of 50% panel judging and 50% vote
- Public votes for the nominees are translated into percentages per category.
- Panel members rank the nominees in the order of their preference (e.g. No. 1 gets 5 points, No. 2 gets 4, etc.) – these totals are also translated into a percentage per nominee per category.
- The two percentages are added up with the highest score being the winner.
Voter Privacy Terms & Conditions
The LUKAS owners do not share the emails of registeres voters with ANY third party
Other Terms & Conditions
- Use of a false name or other details will result in disqualification.
- We reserve the right to take votes away from or disqualify any nominee who is deemed to be cheating or not complying with the rules and spirit of the competition.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any nominee who does not fulfull the criteria. It is the nominee's responsibility to make sure they comply with the criteria
- We reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competition at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name for promotional and PR purposes and members’ details and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests relating to any post-winning publicity.
- The LUKAS requires atleast 10 nominees for an Award to enter the voting stage. If, by November 1st, less that 10 nominees have been entered for an award. We reserve the right to withdraw the award form the competition.
- Any personal data collected will be used solely in connection with current UK data protection legislation.
- The LUKAS is not obliged to reveal any data on votes to any party, including to nominees.
- The LUKAS, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any server, provider or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English Law.
- The LUKAS’ Voting Terms & Conditions were last updated on 22nd April 2018.